- Need to practice for your knowledge test?
Thinking about taking the Alberta learners test soon, or are you having trouble passing your written class 7 knowledge test?
Online learners practice tests
- Preparing to take your road test?
Here are some helpful tips and information covering a wide variety of topics to help you prepare for your road test.
Download Helpful Tips
- Helpful information for testing in winter conditions.
Driving during winter months can be challenging anywhere. Alberta has some exceptional challenges, due to its unique position and frequently changing weather patterns.
Winter testing tips
- What is Alberta's GDL (graduated licensing) Program?
Graduated driver's licensing in Alberta, also known as the GDL program, is a staged process in which new Alberta drivers obtain their fully licensed class 5 licence.
Understanding Alberta's GDL Process
- Driver Fitness and Monitoring / Alberta Transportation
Information from Alberta Transportation regarding Licence suspensions, driver abstracts, medical conditions and driving, and information for aging drivers.
Driver Fitness Monitoring
- Alberta Registry Agent Road Testing Policies
Alberta has a standard set of road testing policies in use across the province, with some variations with each registry office. Read the provincial policies, or select your local registry office to see their policies.
Alberta Road Test Policies
- Alberta Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Program (MVAC)
Ensuring victims injured by uninsured or unknown drivers have a place where they can sue and receive payment for their personal injuries.
- Impaired Driving - Interlock Program
These programs allow suspended drivers to drive with an ignition interlock device in their vehicles.
Ignition Interlock Programs